Thursday, December 15, 2005

Welcome to my blog. Who am I and why am I blogging, and why do you care?

Firstly, I have been working in Information Technology (aka I.T./IT/IS etc etc) for almost 10 years, primarily focusing on system administration, network design and support. I build and support the communication systems that run businesses, and have spent time working in businesses from as small as 100 users, to large trans-national corporations with over 5,000 users. I've been an FTE (Full Time Employee), as well as a consultant and contractor. I've been around the block, and I can pull out miracles, bullet proof designs, and uptime where most meet with certain failure.

In this blog, I hope to provide an insight into the lunacy I see everyday in my profession. Everyone has heard the stories of the users who can't plug in their PC's, and it is my intent to convey some of those stories. I've been doing this long enough that when I hear stories like that, I find it hard to laugh - it hurts my head. I will now blog about it providing me an outlet to vent, and hopefully provide everyone some laughs and some understanding about what those IT people do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home